Information for Authors / SpeakerS
We have acquired a grant from the National Science Foundation to help increase the representation and participation of graduate students in the DySPAN 2007 conference. Eligibility is limited to graduate students currently active in the graduate program of accredited institutions in the United States. Preference for grants will be given to students who satisfy one or more of the following criteria:
♦ Student authors of papers/posters submitted and included in the program
♦ Student authors of papers/posters submitted but not included in the program
♦ Student co-authors of accepted papers/posters who are not making the presentation at the conference
♦ Students in early stages of their studies without alternate means of support A goal of the travel grant program is to encourage participation in the DySPAN 2007 conference by students that would normally find it difficult to attend.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The grant may be used to cover the following expenses:
1. Economy airfare (up to $1000.00US)
2. Lodging (up to three nights at $200.00US per night) 3. Per-diem ($50.00US per day for up to three days) 4. Conference registration The grant will cover up to a maximum of US $1500.00US. The grant is intended to defray but not necessarily completely cover the expenses of the trip. Students are encouraged to seek additional funds.
Travel Grant Applications
An application for a travel award will consist of:
1. A letter from the student.
2. The student's vita.
3. A supporting letter from the student's graduate advisor.
The letter from the student should include:
1. A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date.
2. A description of areas reflected in the DySPAN 2007 program that would impact the student's research.
3. A statement about why the conference attendance is important to the student.
4. The title of submitted paper/poster.
The advisor's recommendation letter to the committee should include:
1. Confirmation that the student is a bona-fide Ph.D. or M.S. candidate in good standing.
2. The suitability of the DySPAN 2007 program material to the student's research area.
3. Ways this particular student would benefit from attendance at the conference.
4. The strengths and potential contributions of the student.
Decision Procedure and Criteria
A deadline of March 15, 2007 has been set for the receipt of applications. The applications should be sent via email (preferably as PDFs) to Professor Douglas C. Sicker (firstname.lastname@example.org). A selection committee consisting of members of the DySPAN Technical and Policy Committees will choose award recipients. The committee will seek input from members of the Technical and Policy Program Committees during the decision process. A target notification date has been set for March 18, 2007. Recipients will be required to accept the award by March 21, 2007, so that alternates can be notified in the event that a recipient declines.
The University of Colorado will handle the financial payments. The travel award will be handled via reimbursements. For any expense that is covered, a receipt is required (e.g., airfare, meals, conference and hotel receipts). The reimbursement will be sent as a check via mail six to eight weeks after receipt of reimbursement forms. Reimbursement details will be sent to award recipients.
Final camera-ready paper submission instructions and information
Required information and forms
Please read ALL of the following information carefully before submitting your paper.
1. Registration On-line and PDF form
Authors are required to submit a 9 digit reference ID number in order to submit their paper. Please note the deadline for author to register and get the 9 digit reference ID is 16 February 2007.
Your submission will not be approved before you complete your registration.
Please click here to register.
NEW IEEE/COMSOC POLICY: all accepted DySPAN 2007 paper presenters must register at the FULL rate. For authors presenting multiple papers, one FULL registration is valid for up to three papers.
2. Paper Submission
Final papers are due 16 February 2007. To prepare the camera ready paper, please find the instructions found at: http://www.ieee.org/organizations/pubs/confpub/dyspan07/authors/.
• Your Conference ID is: dyspan07
• You will need this ID to access instructions, templates, and to create your secure submission account.
• Be sure to read all instructions before submitting your final paper.